At African Inspiration Hotels & Lodges, we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This page explains our approach to privacy on our website and how it affects you. This page explains who we are, when and why we collect personal information, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and what choices you have.
• We never share your data with 3rd parties except to help us deliver our own services.
• We collect anonymous statistics about your visit, like which of our pages you viewed.
• If you register up with us we take great care to keep your information safe and we will never share it with others without your express permission except for the information which is a legal obligation to process payments.
• Some 3rd parties like Facebook and Twitter may know you visited this website if you use their services. We can’t control them but we don’t believe this knowledge poses any threat to you.
This is a summary. If you need detail, keep reading.
1. Who are we?
African Inspiration offers owners of lodges and boutique hotels hospitality management services in which guest experiences come first. Everything we do always starts with the question of how it will improve the experience for the guest. Full contact details can be found here: http://africaninspiration.com/contact-us/
2. How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you fill in our subscription list form. When you make a booking with us on our booking channels and online travel agents we will record specific personal information about you, such as your name and email address etc.
We use payment provider to bill for your registrations online. They will have access to your personal and payment information.
3. What information do we collect & how is it used?
• We may send you email notifications regarding our service (such as booking confirmations) or which you have specifically requested (such as newsletters or notifications when a registration is completed). You have the ability to opt out of any of this communication at any time.
• We will never provide your personal information or email address to any third parties except where they are specifically employed to help deliver our own services, as detailed above.
3.1. Sensitive Data
We do not gather sensitive personal data (e.g. health, genetic, biometric data; racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, sexual orientation, and criminal convictions). We expressly request that you do not provide any such sensitive data to us.
3.2. Third Parties
• We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
• We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
• We disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the services.
4. Controlling your information
You have certain rights concerning the information we hold about you, as defined under the General Data Protection Regulation. If you wish to exercise these rights, please contact us, including your email address in the first instance (this is the unique identifier we use to identify and collate personal information).
4.0. Requesting a copy of your information
You may request a copy of any data we hold about you. Upon request, we will provide a CSV file (which you may open in a program such as Microsoft Excel) containing the personal data we hold on the record about you.
4.1. Updating or correcting your information
The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please contact us, so we may correct our records.
4.2. Deleting your information
You have the right to request the erasure of your personal information. Unless there is a compelling reason for the data not to be erased (for example, if we need to use that data to fulfill our contractual or legal obligations), your personal data will be deleted on request.
4.3. Automated decision making
We do not use any personal information for automated decision making or profiling; your data is not subject to automated decision making or profiling.
5. Use of ‘cookies’
Google Analytics sets cookies to help us accurately estimate the number of visitors to the website and what content is most popular. This helps to ensure that our website is responding to your needs in the best way possible. This records what pages you view within our site, how you arrived at our site and some basic information about your computer. All of that information is anonymous – so we don’t know who you are; just that somebody visited our site.
By using and browsing the African Inspiration website, you consent to cookies being used in accordance with this Policy. If you do not consent, you must turn off cookies or refrain from using the site. Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. To do this, look at the ‘help’ menu on your browser. Switching off cookies should not noticeably restrict your use of this website.
6. Changes to this Policy
Suite 3A, 8 Arnold Road, Rosebank, Johannesburg, 2196 South Africa
T: +27 (0) 21 945 3751/2466
We will endeavour to resolve any concerns.